Miscarriages Community
it's been 6 weeks since d&c and no period yet

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

i was about 6.5 weeks pregnant when i had a miscarriage. it was SUPER sad.. i still cry sometimes =0(...so anyway,  i had a d&c mar.9.  i only bled lightly for about 5 days and my hormone levels were back down to 0 by the following week. it only took 2 weeks after d&c to get a neg preg test at the doc.  it's been 6 weeks since the d&c and i still haven't gotten my period. i had a lot of cervical mucus like 2 weeks ago but i didn't think i would be ovulating so far from the d&c.  that's when i figured i would be getting my period, not ovulating.  is it possible that i would have ovulated 4 weeks after d&c? and the past few days i've been feeling pressure in my lower back and abdomen and slight dizzy spells, but not sore boobs...  period or preg symptoms?  i had major cramps when i found out i was preg last time... i guess my question is if anyone has had the same thing. feeling kinda anxious cause i really want to be a mommy! =0)  (posted this same question in preg forum by accident)
Sometimes it can take time for your body to have a normal period after a d&c. And because PMS symptoms are so close to pregnancy symptoms, it's really hard to tell which it is. If you think you might be pregnant, try a pregnancy test. If negative, I would wait 2 weeks and check back.I'm really sorry to hear about your m/c.
I'm so sorry for your loss.  There is no saying when you will get your first period following a D&C.  Some women get it 4 - 6 weeks later but for others it can take longer.  I'm still waiting for a proper period and my D&C was on the 25th Jan.

It's a tough time as you are eager to start ttc again but i would advise that you use contraception until you do get your first period.  it will stop this wondering whether you are getting possible pregnancy symptoms or not and also will make dating the pregnancy a lot easier when you do finally fall pregnant.
Sorry to hear about everyones losses. I had a m/c at 11 weeks back in December and also a D&C followed. Same as you I bled for about 5 days. After that it seemed like FOREVER until I had gotten my period again. I wanted AF to arrive soooo badly so that we could start trying again. She came a little more than 6 weeks after the D&C. I stressed so bad everyday and I think this might have caused its late arrival. The first day I took off and just relaxed that when AF arrived. Just be patient and let your body heal. Your body knows what its doing and when its ready, you will be ready. Sending baby dust to all of you!!!
thanks for your comments. yeah i guess i'm just stressing. i took a test just to check and it came back neg. so i guess it's just a matter of waiting.
i am sorry for your loss. it can take up to 12 weeks to get your period back.  if you do not get it by 12 weeks or even by like 10 give your doctor a call.
I had a missed miscarriage resulting in a D&C late Nov 2009 & 17 weeks later period had not returned so went on pill in april for 1 month (doctors advice.) I had a period following 3 weeks of the pill but it has now been another 9 weeks and peiod has still not returned. It has all up been 30 weeks since D&C & since i had a period naturally. Can anyone help??
HI

IM IN THE SAME BOAT I MISCARRIED 22ND OF MAY (NATURAL M/C).
I WAS 6 WKS.
I ONLY BLED FOR 3 DAYS REALLY LIGHT WHICH WAS DIFFERENT TO MY FIRST WHEN I WAS 16.

ANYWAY I SINCE HAVENT HAD A PERIOD!!
ITS STRESSING ME OUT.
I TOOK APREG TEST YESTERDAY WHICH WAS NEG, :-(...

I ALSO TOOK A OTK WHICH DIDNT DETECT MY LH SURGE WHICH MEANS IM NOT OVULATING!