Has anyone out there ever had a miscarriage of a baby who is at 11 weeks. I have read so many posts where people miscarry at this point but the sac was empty, baby is only 6-8 weeks. I went in yesterday for my first trimester screening for down syndrome at 12 weeks 2 days and found out there was no heartbeat and the baby stopped developing at 11 weeks 2 days.I sat there starring at its lifeless little body on the screen, all her fingers and toes...a perfect little baby. I am so confused what to do, whether to have a d&c or lat it happen naturally, what to do with the remains? This is my baby...a very planned and wanted and loved little baby and i don't want it incenerated with the hosptial trash. Anyone out there have any suggestions
I am so sorry. I replied to your status update with a longer message. I had one at 14 weeks. I had a D&C and got the tissue tested. You sound like me, I was so appalled at the thought of flushing a baby down the toilet. Ugh. I am soooooooo sorry. I know how you feel. I passed one MC at home and one was a D&C. The D&C was better for me. It depends on what will help you heal emotionally. One is natural, personal and at times painful and scary. The other is quicker, clinical but it stinks to be in a Drs office with other happy people. If you need any other support I am here. XOXOXOXOXOX.
I am also sorry to hear that. I just had a D&C this past saturday, 2-6-10. I went to the doc friday for a regular checkup thinking im 13w5d but there was no heartbeat...the baby only measured to be 11w5d. I was soooo devastated. This was the 1st for both me and my bf...im only 20 and i thought that i was healthy enough to sustain a pregnancy. I guess i have to realize that it happens to everyone. Personally I didnt want to walk around knowing that my baby was dead inside me & the doc told me i should get the D&C to prevent any infections. It was a quick procedure...personally im just having alot of bleeding and sharp pains every now and then. Hopefully I can conceive right after this but I DONT want to go through this again and thats what worries me...will it happen again???
I am so sorry to hear of your loss sweetie. Its so hard...I lost my baby at 17 weeks(he was measuring at 15 wks). I had the same fears as you. I was given 3 options 1) D&E (dialation and extraction) 2) wait for my body to expel the baby 3) induction I knew I could not do a D&E because I could not bear to have my baby's body cut up and sucked out. On the other hand I did not want to just sit around and wait for it to happen. In the end I chose to be induced. They wanted to monitor me so I was admitted to the hospital. When I got there I had a page full of questions because I was scared how they would handle my situation. I was afraid that my baby would just be put in a bag marked biohazard and thrown out with the trash. Thank God the hospital went above and beyond my expectations. I was able to give birth to our son and immediately hold him. We chose to have Hunter cremated.We are going to be moving alot so I did not want to leave him . I have heard of burying you baby in a special garden (if you are living at a permanent residence). The hospital offered to cremate him and spread his ashes over a mountain for free but I wanted him with me for now.
I would ask your doctor if they could speed up the process (if that is what you want to do) with induction. You probably wouldn't be admitted but just get some info on it. It sounds to me like you and your husband cherished and loved your child. So don't let them push you into something you are uneasy about. In the end your health comes first. Please take care and I am so sorry again. It is terrible that we have to go though losing our children. Please let me know how everything goes...Above all make the decision you want. I know in the fog of grief it just seems like you are along for the ride. In the end if you feel like you did everything you wanted/could do it makes it alot easier to be somewhat at peace. You are in my prayers ((((((hugs))))))
I'm so sorry for your loss hon. I recently went through similar, 12 weeks but baby had stopped at 7wks. I chose the D&C because it seemed to me my body wasn't going to deal with things naturally and I didn't want things to drag on. You should be given the option of being given your baby in order for buriel or cremation if you so wish. Again, so sorry xxxx
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.