Miscarriages Community
miscarriage or implantation bleeding?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

miscarriage or implantation bleeding?

someone help me please! im 16 and i just found out a month ago that i was pregnant.
since then.. i been worried. The way that i found out i was pregnant was because i was havin cramps and bleeding really heavy every little second. My boyfriends mom got worried and rushed me to a womens clinic. the doctoar said... "its fine sweetie. but we took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. maybe ur just haveing implatation bleeding" she didnt take the time to really understand why i was there. and since then.. every test has been positive but im worried for my baby. is it possible that i may have had a miscarriage?
hcg is humanchorionicgonadotropin hormone.. it is a hormone secreted by the placenta and signifies that you are pregnant.. in normal healthy pregnancy the levels of this hormone in blood doubles every 48 hours and shows that the baby is growing properly.. i completely agree with anniebrooke.. some women do bleed in their early pregnancy without affecting the baby.. implantation bleeding is not exactly bleeding rather a little spotting.. a beta hcg blood test would confirm whether you are pregnant of not.. and the amount can be crossed checked after two days to see if the levels are rising.. see if you bled the last month and no bleeding since then i guess there is a chance of the baby being alive.. one thing that should be avoided during pregnancy is stress.. so try relaxing yourself and go for a beta blood test.. good luck.. take care.. god bless..
Implantation bleeding is not characterized by cramps and heavy bleeding, that was a stupid thing for the doctor to say.  However, women sometimes do bleed in early pregnancy for other reasons without affecting the baby.  In other words, though it is not implantation bleeding, you could still be pregnant despite the bleeding.  If the tests keep coming up positive, you probably are.  However, to be sure, I would go to an ob-gyn and get two beta hCG blood tests, the kind that are quantitative (i.e., they give a number).  The tests should be two days apart.  If the hCG count is rising (near doubling) in 48 hours, everything is fine despite the bleeding you had.  If not, it is suggestive that the pregnancy is failing.  
thank you(: sorry to ask this but... do you think my baby might still have a chance of still being alive since it has been a month since the bleeding last happened? nd im sorry but im new to this pregnancy thing and im not really sure what hCG means. can u maybe define it? please. and thank you
thank you{: gave me a bit more reliefe to know that there is still a chance. and thamnk you for the help
Ur most welcome dear.. But you need 2 get the beta blood test done asap.. Coz u need to start taking your prenatals(medicines during pregnancy ur doctor shall suggest u,usually iron, vitamins etc..) which r a must if u are pregnant.. Good luck..