Miscarriages Community
no period after miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

no period after miscarriage

I had a natural miscarriage the last week of December and its now 02/03/2011 and still haven't had my period. is this normal or may i be pregnant again?
The answer is both.  It taks some people up to six weeks to start their period and I am not sure if you should expect it on the same day as before you became pregnant.  Also you can get pregnant sometimes as quickly as 2weeks after mc.  

I had a mc the last week of dec. and have not had my period yet either.  I happen to have PCOS and so my periods have always been irregular.  My last period before i miscarried was in July and I was only 6wks or so along.

I think if you wanted a hpt it would be safe maybe to try one but without you period if they are normal you have no gauge to know when you ovulated so you may get a false negative.
Docs always said don't ttc for this reason for another three months! Women get confused when they ttc too soon and get false results.
It is not uncommon for you not to have gotten it yet. I've heard of it.
Doctors who tell women not to try to conceive after miscarriage are concerned about one of 3 things,  if you are at increased risk of infection, if your uterus and body is physically ready to support another pregnancy, or if you are emotionally ready.  Not all doctors tell their patients to wait 3 or more weeks.

Everyone has the right to decide what is best for them. As long as you have the support from your medical staff and other you make the decision for you.  

Often women are pregnant for months and have no clue that they are pregnant which in turn translates to not knowing how pregnant they are when they find out that they are.  Doctors use the ultrasounds coupled with hCG levels to determine how far along women are in pregnancy.  In my case it would be impossible for doctors to use my periods considering i don't have them every month.
hi well my first mc was on the 29th dec 2010. we did try again and i fell pregnancy again very quick but i lost it there on wednesday again. so hard to get over so we are not going to try now for a few months...:(((
Hey.

I also miscarried since November 2010. i was seeing some bleeding from time to time but not period.
it is been 11 weeks with no period. I just removed an Ovary Cyst by ultra sound and Doctor said that this cyst causes some late in period.
I guess every body is different, if u did a D&C, u should probably get your period in 40  days. but if u miscarried naturally the normal expected time for the menstrual cycle to return after a miscarriage is between 4 to 12 weeks.
This is because of the hormonal changes which takes time to return to normal.
Maybe you still have some remnants of the miscarriage inside your uterus and for that reason you didn't get your period or maybe u r pregnant

I prefer you do a pregnancy test and if the result is negative, u should see ur doctor.

Best of Luck
I had similar experience, m/c mid Nov and didn't get period til 26-12-10, which only lasted for 1 day! Next period came few days late last week but again only lasted 2days! Went 2 docs, they said I may have a hormone imbalance and advised 2 wait a while b4 trying again.
i miscarried on 26/08/10 and did not get my period till 22/10/10 and even then it was normal. Like You i thought i might be pregnant so did a test and was happy it was positive. Till i went to my docs and he said it was probably a false positive because of the miscarriage and it was. I tested positive for weeks after my miscarriage. My periods eventually went back to normal in dec and in january i found out i was 5 weeks pregnant only to lose the baby a week later. My docs said they won't do anything till i have had 3 miscarriage. How awful is this?