Aa
A
A
Close
not sure
after having a miscarriage at 4 weeks how long do you bleed afterwards? im not sure if i had a miscarriage cause i was bleeding really bad and i went to the er and they told me i was pregnant. i stopped bleeding & i took a pregnancy test and it still showing positive .
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sorry you are going thru this.  At 4 weeks, you would probably bleed a bit like a normal period or maybe even like a short period.  You will get positive hpt's as long as there is hcg in your system and it takes a while for that to drop after the miscarriage.  Can you see your doctor?  They can do a scan and bloodwork to see if anything is there and to check and see if you hcg is going up or down.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i was bleeding blood clots cause i dont have my period for about 6 to 7 months at a time & i took 4 pregnancy test & they we're positive and i find out tomorrow what my hcg level is. im not bleeding anymore & i took a test this morning & it said im still pregnant
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1972289 tn?1325881410
I think you need to be seen again to be reassessed.  I bled for quite a while following my later miscarriage (13 weeks).  I had two early losses at 4 weeks, however, and those were like regular periods. There can be other causes for bleeding during pregnancy - not just miscarriage - and it would be good to know exactly what you're dealing with. Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Miscarriages Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703