Miscarriages Community
pains have started again

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

pains have started again

I passed my baby just over a week now and I'm still recovering emotionally. I had no pains after I miscarried however I've just started having period pains in my back today even though the bleeding looks like its coming to an end.... Has anybody else experienced this?
Hi there.  I am so sorry for your loss.

It is probably a good idea to see your Dr.  It is possible that you still have retained tissue, and an ultrasound may be needed to find out for certain.  Are they monitoring your blood levels at all?
No ... I was told to take a pregnancy test ten days after the miscarriage and if its still positive then I must go back to the hospital. I took the test a couple of days which was earlier than advised but it said negative so that's good news. My Dr today said if my bleeding picks up then I must go back... Is it possible that my period is on its way early ?
I don't think it's likely to be your period.  FIrst you have to ovulate, then your period usually arrives about 14 days after that.  So even if you ovulated right away, it's unlikely to be your period.

If you had a negative pregnancy test, that is a really good thing.  I would probably still request a beta test though.  Using a home pregnancy test to determine if your levels are back to 0 really isn't the best way and I'm a bit surprised your Dr. had you do it that way.  

Don't worry, there is nothing awful going on, or anything that could cause problems, it's just better to get checked out.  It's also not uncommon to bleed on and off for a few weeks following a loss.  If it becomes heavy...a pad an hour, you do need to be seen right away.  Otherwise I would just schedule a Dr.'s appointment and request that blood test.

All the best to you.
Thank you