Miscarriages Community
positive pregnancy test, now bleeding?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

positive pregnancy test, now bleeding?

I took a pregnancy test about two weeks ago and i didnt think it was positive, i then did one friday as i was getting pregnancy symptoms, such as larger breasts, stomach pain and the test was clearly positive, although the line was faint.I then started bleeding today (monday) ..bright red colour.?
i dont understand does this mean i am having a miscarriage? or simple bleeding...?

if i am pregnant i do not know what i am going to do, as ive just been accpeted into university.
can someone please give me some advise as i am struggling to cope with everything at the moment?
Hi InNeedOfHelpx, Im not a doctor so the best advice I can give you is to go to the doctor asap. To me it sounds as if you may be having a miscarriage. This is what happened to me about a month ago. I tested positive and then a week later I started bleeding. I was having a m/c at 5 weeks. Faint line or not, if the positive comes up it is more than likely that you are indeed pregnant. I hope everything works out for you whatever the outcome is. Keep your head up and make sure to see a doc asap. Please keep us updated.
I agree with Lil_lady.  A positive means you are pregnant but if you are bleeding then this needs to be looked in to.
Sorry i havnt answered sooner,   i have indeed been to a doctor now, and i had to go to the hospital for a scan and blood tests, which did confirm that that i was having/had a miscarriage. Thank you for your help, made me realise i do actually need to see a doctor.
Explained to my boyfriend now, and i think he is actually taking it worse than me, we are not trying for a bay, but i think its the shock of it. x
i recently suffered a m/c and had a d&c last week... it is hard on both of you but men seem to keep it more bottled up and deal with it in thier own way... the only advice i have is life goes on and although it is really hard just keep your head up you have  your hole future ahead of you.