Miscarriages Community
recurrent blighted ovum

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

recurrent blighted ovum

what is the chance of normal pregnancy in woman with past history of recurrent  blighted ovum
Avatar n tn
I don't have an answe for you, unfortunately.  I am going through my 2nd b/o m/c.  The first was never fully confirmed, but they are almost certain that is what it was.  This one hasn't fully completed yet, so I guess we don't know for sure on this one, either, but here again, it's fairly certain what this is.  I was told the first one was a fluke, and it was hightly unlikely it would happen again.  But yet here I am having another.  The Dr said it could still be a fluke, but it would probably set my mind at ease if I went ahead with some testing, so I think that is what we are going to do.  

I believe the first test will be chromosonal analysis of the tissues from the m/c, followed by blood test for both my husband and I, and possibly a sperm analysis for him.  

We will try a third time, but if it happens again, I think we'll stop and look into the possibility of adoption.  I don't know that we can afford that, but we will at least look into it.

Good luck to you.... I hope we both find the answers we need.  It seems so unfair - it takes all the joy out of pregnancy and u/s's, doesn't it?  

God bless.
I'm sorry for your losses. Best wishes to you and good luck.

AP