Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
sex after D&C
I recently miscarried and had a D&C this past weekend. I was wondering how long after the D&C should you wait to have sex? I know the Dr. said atleast 2 weeks because of infection, but ive heard of women having sex days after.

Also, has anyone else gone thru a D&C without the twilight? And were you scared to have sex after? Cause i want to have sex, but im scared out of my mind that its going to hurt.
Cancel
4 Answers
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I had a D&C on Friday, 01-15 because of a missed m/c and my Doctor said to wait at least 1 week to have intercourse. I am also terrified that it will hurt and I'm not looking forward to having sex yet. I'd suggest you wait what your Doctor recommended just to be safe.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am sorry for your loss as well! I had a D&C on sunday and now just thinking about sex makes me want to cry! I dont know when ill be brave enough to start again, but im sure it wont be any time soon! Thank you for your input :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hey sorry about your loss. I had a d&c jan 6th and waited till i stopped bleeding to have sex. Thats what i was told. my bleeding lasted a week. YES i was scared cause after i had the procedure, it burned really bad when i peed cause of everything the did when i was in the process of miscarring and the whole d&c itself. But while having sex i will say it didnt hurt at all. But i didnt get real agressive the first couple times.  Good luck!! Have fun doing the baby dance!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
924332 tn?1284577518
Sorry for your losses!!! When i had my D&C back in march my dr told me to just wait till i stopped bleeding!! We did probably like a week later and it didn't hurt at all!!
Comment
Cancel
924332 tn?1284577518
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Miscarriages Community Resources