Miscarriages Community
slow growth slow heartbeat 6-7wks

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

slow growth slow heartbeat 6-7wks

Hello.  I am 28 and this is my first pregnancy.  I had an IUI on 9/26.  I had several positive home pregnancy tests, and my bloodwork on 10/16 and 10/19 showed my hCG and progesterone rising normally.  However, at my 6wk 2d ultrasound (10/26), the baby measured 6wk0d and the doctor couldn't see a flicker or isolate a heartbeat.  A second ultrasound at 6wk6d (10/30) showed that the baby still measured 6wk0d, and that its heartbeat was around 65.  
The doctor said that it was more than likely that I'll miscarry, and now I am in the process of waiting a full week before going back for another ultrasound.  However, I still have all my early pregnancy signs - bone-deep exhaustion, nausea (increasing in frequency), waking up during the night to pee... I keep trying to see these as signs that maybe the baby just implanted late and will be growing happily by the end of this week, but I'm not sure what the odds are on that.  
Has anyone had early ultrasounds that indicated that the baby wasn't developing properly, but continued on to term, despite being given poor chances by their doctor?
Alternatively, has anyone technically miscarried but continues to have pregnancy symptoms? how long does that last?  When should I expect cramping/bleeding, etc?

Thanks!
I have not had that experience, but I hope that everything turns out ok for you and your baby, and that is just too early to tell. I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks, and it was sudden but I had a large fibroid growing along side of it, so that may have been the reason, I'm having the fibroid removed next week. I just wanted to tell you to think positive and keep the hope, everything will be ok. I'll keep you in my prayers
Hopeful K