Miscarriages Community
still spotting 3 weeks after D&C

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

still spotting 3 weeks after D&C

Ok, so I'm getting mighty frustrated now.  Still spotting, very light brown and very little but enough to annoy me.  It's been 3 weeks since D&C and subsequent infection.  Really want things to just get back to normal.  Now, I'm a little confused because I read on one site that should I get a period like bleeding at some point but I havent had a fortnight break with no bleeding or spotting then it isn't AF.  I'm thinking I could be due my AF as I'm getting crabby and boobs are achey (achy) and lumpy, but if I'm still spotting from D&C can I count it as an AF (if it appears that is).

Also (sorry guys) can the Dr give me anything to stop this stopping and try and get my cycle back on track.  I'm fed-up of using panty liners and not being able to BD!!!!!!

Sorry for blurbing on, needed to vent :/
Yes I agree it can linger on and on and on! My dr always said 3 or more cycles. My dr always told me my first cycle day was the first day of the m/c. However I have read otherwise on here. When did your dr say to begin ttc again? Usually you get your period a month or more after a d and c or natural m/c. If the spotting continues for a few more weeks give your dr a call and get checked out just to make sure there is no left over uterine lining etc. Yes I believe there is something your dr can prescribe but I don't know if there is a waiting period before prescribing it, worth asking he or she tho. Right now is the waiting that is more annoying than anything! I've been there. I'm here to listen I hope you feel better soon...

AP
It sure can linger.  I was in the same position as you last month.  I had a D&C December 23rd and bled for about 2 1/2 weeks.  I called the doctor and they called me in for an internal ultrasound as well as an exam from my OB.  I, like you, was tired of this nightmare lingering on.  I wanted my cycle to get back to normal.  Needless to say, I did end up getting my real period exactly 5 weeks after my D&C.  I was always fairly normal with my schedule so I was frustrated just like you.  I would wait the 6 weeks they say to wait and I am sure everything will go back to normal.  If you dont get a period by the 6th week I would be sitting in my doctor's office insisting on a checkup.  Good luck to you.  I know the wait is draining and emotional.  Please know it is going to get easier.  My husband and I are TTC once again and it is difficult to start the process over again.
Hi girls would you kindley read my post here in this section i.e need your help ?
if you can all help that would be amazing its for all ladies suffering losses so we can get some answers and get a cure for this adventually - 98% of pregnancy losses are down to auto immune disorders if you have never heard of this then maybe do a search on the web am sure you will come across pages beyond pages of this including the tests there not offering ladies at there local hospital so to get a answer for your loss you have to pay! this should be free for employed people along with unemployed no one should be left to suffer.

My friend who i am talking about in the post in this section - has just lost another baby 5 weeks ago and its been 4 weeks since she had her d&c and she has still had no bleeding. Her doctor cleaned away everything done a great job on the evacuation that she never had no bleeding coming out of theatre and has had none since - she is not pg again but i have read that it can take some time to start again - If you have been spotting for quite a while hun - i would give your gp a call just to let him know incase he suggests stopping your af so that your next af will be a proper af xxx
I've booked in to see my doc on Weds (she's goiing to be sick of the sight of me, lol).  I shall discuss with her my options if the spotting doesn't stop and no period arrives by week 6.  Also now got thrush :(  grrrrrrrr