what are the chances of a second Blighted OVum (please reply!!)
HI , i have a 1 year old (perfect pregnancy). 4 months ago i got to 8 weeks pregnant and at my scan they found i had a blighted ovum i had a D&C the next day (all went to plan) 21 days later a had a normal period and the month after no period. I am now 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. i am booked in for an early scan but am so nervous that there is going to be no baby in the sac again. What are the chances. I would really appreciate replys of youre own experience or knowledge, thankyou in advance. katie x ( I HAVE NO PAIN< NO BLEEDING ALL THE SIGNS OF A NORMAL PREGNANCY JUST LIKE BEFORE)
Having had 1 loss does not increase your chances of a second at all.  So there is every reason to think that this won't happen again and that you have a normal pregnancy.  It is normal to be frightened after an experience like yours, but hang in there.  The vast majority of women who have one miscarriage go on to have successful healthy pregnancies.  You are probably hearing many stories of multiple miscarriages...fortunately that is relatively uncommon.  Good luck with your scan, and I wish you a healthy pregnancy!!
I've read that it is SUPER rare to have more that one Blighted Ovum.  

Even if you DO see an empty sac remember early scans can be wrong!  There is a lot of room for the baby to move around.  If he is laying parallel to the u/s wave he can appear way too small: visual foreshortening.  Babies have even been known to hide...

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/blightedovum.html

Thankyou both for your reply's, makes me feel a bit more relaxed. I have my scan on Monday of next week 9.30 (5 days). i will hopefully get good results, i will keep you posted. fingers crossed xx
i will keep my fingers crossed, ***** waiting and not knowing!
Hi all, i had my scan this morning and am mesuring 7 weeks not 8. the heartbeat was present and regular!!! so good news. i will have a dating scan in a few weeks so that will be even better and maybe more precise dating . x
Right on!!