Mood Disorders Expert Forum
Anxiety with BPD

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

Anxiety with BPD

I have been recently diagnosed with BPD along with Generalized Anxiety and I am currently under a psychiatrist and a psychologist care.  I have been having problems with communicating with others, uncomfortable when people touch me, sensitive to criticism and rejection with extreme anxiety along with angry outbursts with my family having these symptoms continously everyday and was wondering if anyone else also has these issues.  I have lost 4 jobs in the past 3 years not able to hold down responsibilities as having fears and phobias while working.  Can anyone tell me if these symptoms go along with BPD?  I am currently taking Doxepin 100 mg and Trazodone 100 mg for depression and anxiety.  Oh yes, I am having alot fatigue also during the daytime from the meds.  I also am experiencing bad dreams at night.  Is this normal for BPD to have all these symptoms that I am experiencing ?
Dear Connie,
Thanks for writing. You can definitely expect to get better than this.
When you say BPD, I want to make sure that I know what you mean. Do you mean bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder?
If you could reply in a new post that would help me as I don't always have time to review all of the old threads. Thanks.
You are not alone. All of what you said happen to many of us. All you can do is be the best every day that you are capable of. Therapy helps me a lot with anxiety about people and isolating in the house. I try my best but I have bad days. You really are not alone.