Mood Disorders Expert Forum
I need your assistance and advice......

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

I need your assistance and advice......

I have another question for you regarding my Borderline Personality Disorder.  Do you think I am on the right kind of medication for my anxiety or would I need to consult with my psychiatrist to see about putting me on atypical antipsychotics as I still have severe anxiety issues.  Do you also advise that I should be in DBT compared to CBT therapies?  Do you have any ideas on how to cope with this anxiety along with my anger as I have this on a daily basis.  Like I mentioned to you earlier is that I feel I have social anxiety as I do not make conversations to anyone at work very well. I am very much to myself all day, I mean I try to talk but it is VERY hard just to make the first sentence to people.  They may even think that I am a 'stuck-up' person but I am not.   I have also noticed my short term memory skills are noticeable dimenished.  I have researched this disorder and the internet also says that people have Borderline also may have Bipolar disorders tie into each other.  Is that correct?  Would I also have that disorder?
Tags: Anxiety
1 Comment
I definitely think you should consult with your psychiatrist given the amount of anxiety that you are reporting.

I would suggest DBT in preference to CBT.

Your short term memory problem is likely due to the anxiety.

It is very hard to make a diagnosis of both bipolar and borderline (because they have overlapping symptoms) - in other words it takes a lot of information to be sure that both are present. You should ask your psychiatrist about that question.