Is this more than just depression?
Hello!

I have been seeing a psychiatrist for about a year now and have been diagnosed with depression, but I am starting to believe something more is going on. A few weeks ago, I went through a week where I was having some strange thoughts. I believed that my life was some sort of television show and that no one else was real except for me and only there to create situations. I also believed that I have special powers or abilities to see/hear spirits as I was seeing and hearing things that weren't there. I did also experience hallucinations as a child (which stopped at around 8 or something) so I was not scared by what I was experiencing. And although I believed those things, I knew that what I was seeing and hearing was not actually real. No one around me suspected a change in my behaviour.

I am now 'back to normal' and I did mention all this to my psychiatrist - but wasn't happy with what she said back to me. In fact, she didn't say much at all. She seemed unsurprised at what I said, and said it was probably just anxiety along side the depression. I can't help but feel there is something more going on, and I am looking for a second opinion. Do you think I should me worried, or trust my psychiatrist?
I definitely feel that her explanation is not adequate. The main question is whether or not you might not have understood her assessment completely. I encourage you to talk to her about your concerns. I think that a second opinion might be helpful.