Mood Disorders Expert Forum
My Moods Are Up And Down

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

My Moods Are Up And Down

I have good days and I have bad days which is normal because everyone has them but my bad days last for a couple of days and then I'll have a few days where I'm happy and full of energy and then days where I'm both. But on my bad days I sit and cry all day and don't do much I think about cutting myself and when I'm really upset I see myself about to commit suicide. I went to see my doctor and she said it was normal but was going to refer me to a councillor. I also think my friends are talking about me, and have a bad memory where I forget things really easily. I also have problems with trusting people which is horrible and causes arguments with my mum. Do sound like teenage hormones to you or is it something worse than that?
Tags: mood
I am sorry that I was not able to logon and answer these questions for a couple of weeks due to technical problems. However I am very pleased that rmevans did such a good job responding to your post. What you are experiencing is definitely not "normal" and needs to be attended to properly.
Oh and they've been happening since February time
Definately go see the counselor.  Might want to ask about Bipolar and illnesses like it.
Thank you :)
I think you should see a different doctor if you explained to her what you posted here.  Thoughts of cutting your self and suicide are NOT normal teenage hormones.  
Do go to see the counselor, and be very honest with him/her.  If you do not feel comfortable with the one you were referred to after a few sessions, ask for a referral to a different counselor.  A counselor can't help you if your are not comfortable talking to him/her.   Most counselors will be happy to do that for you.  Or your doc may know of someone else she can recommend.
You may also want to get a referral to a good psychiatrist.  This sounds like a very serious issue that needs to be dealt with ASAP.  Don't give up and try to remember the good days when you are in a bad period.  If you find the right doc and counselor (and possibly meds)  things will get better.
Thank you, you're answer was very helpful. I'm giving the doctors till the end of this week  and then I'm going to book another appointment with the better doctor.