Mood Disorders Expert Forum
Time for a break?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Time for a break?

Hi,

I have severe anxiety and depression with possible Borderline Personality Disorder, amongst other things, and severe manic episodes with memory lapse from time to time. Lately, I've felt numb, as if I feel nothing and nothing matters. I know I'm hurting my family by being the way I am, and I feel guilty; but I can't stop. I was just wondering if maybe admitting myself to a mental health facility would be worthwhile? Would it significantly help? I'm not sure what the best course of action is. I'm on 150mg of Effexor xr daily, and see a GP regularly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.