Mood Disorders Expert Forum
Upped dosage of anti-anxiety meds-- Normal side effects?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Upped dosage of anti-anxiety meds-- Normal side effects?

Hello Doctor,
I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and my GP put me on Wellbutrin XL 150mg. I went back to him at the beginning of January and he upped the dosage to 300mg. Since I had just filled my prescription for 150, he told me to take 2 until they were finished. I didn't have a problem until I got the 300mg pill (January 20). I usually take the pill with food, but it seems that by 1-3pm, I start to get weak and nauseated. If I eat something when this happens it gets alittle better, but it still bothers me because it didn't occur with the 2x 150mg. Also, since taking the upped dosage, I find that I've been having stronger anxiety attacks and at night, insomnia to the point that I have had ~3hrs or so of sleep/night. Is this common with the upped dosage? Or should I be concerned and contact my GP?
Thanks for your time!