Mood Disorders Expert Forum
brain disorder

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

brain disorder

sir,
i am sharad doing my professional mbbs course in india....i found my brain playing the song about 6 months..and the intensity is decreasing day by day..but not permanately living.
actually i was taking a memory tablet of bramhi(bacopa monnieri) for four months...since then i have my problem with thinking,reading,understanding....my brain not only playing the song but also any word or phrase that is playing repeatedly....and i cannot stop it..i am totally helpless...
yet i have not concerned any neurologist or psychiatry...but i will go for it later....
    sir kindly if u can suggest any medicine ...i must go for it...
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately I can not diagnose a problem by email and without a diagnosis I cannot recommend treatment.

I read the following summary of possible toxicity from bacopa monnieri which seems reassuring -

"There are no well known significant side effects associated with the use of B. monnieri. However, comprehensive safety studies have not been reported. Safety in young children, pregnant or nursing women, or people with severe liver or kidney disease has not been established."

With regard to the song, is it one that you recognize? Does it seem to be coming from inside your head, or outside your head?

My initial thought is that you should go to see a neurologist, because there doesn't seem to be any obvious psychiatric cause for the symptom... although if I knew more about your past history I might be better able to advise you.
sir,
i am very much thankful to you for your reply to my question...in past i had no such disease that i was talking about(a song is playing repeatedly in my mind) for the 1st time i am experiencing....when a motor is running or a fan is running or motorbike is running i used to listen the song repeatedly as if the song is stucked in my mind..i cannot even think at the time...i am filling difficulty in reading..and i feel like the song is coming from the motor bike or anything and not from inside my head...it may be like auditory hallucination i am guessing about but i donot know the exact..
1 months back i had a severe nasal bleeding and at that time my blood pressure was about160/100...and the doctor suggested me to take asomax2.5 after that now my b.p is 150/90...perhaps the cause may due to hypertension...
     except that i have no other symptoms......
sir the bacopa i was talking about may interfere with the neurotransmitters or anything......please sir kindly help me and suggest my a way to get rid of this....  
sir my first post was like this;
sir.i found my brain always playing with a song..about 90% of the day time........i am helpless....i have totaly lost my concentration.......please help me what is its cure....
sir  please suggest a better medicine for hypertension i am of 19 yrs of age and b.p 150/90