Mood Disorders Expert Forum
how do i get through this

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

how do i get through this

ok a little backward, im 30 married with 3 kids. i stay at home & my husband works. i hav tried workn but my anxiety & bi polar gets in the way, i hav a very hard time bein around people. i also hav a mood disorder, so god bless my husband he has one hell of a package with me. oh & lets not forget ptsd from my childhood & early adult yrs. so anyway my question is how can i somewhat hav a normal life with all this crap. the ptsd affects my parentn, & my relationship with my husbsnd. it is like i liv n fear alot. i hate bein alone(with my family), which is impossible. my anxiety drives me crazy, im always n fear of my health, the littlest thing im freakin out. its stupid 2 say but im always n fear that im goin 2 die. it gets n the way of me enjoyn my family,  hell my life for that matter.  i feel alone alot, lik im the only one but i know there is people out there with some of the same problems. if anyone has any input, that would b great. thanx for readin
  • feeling to give up (1 replies):
    hi i am 21 and for years i hav been depresd wen i was yo...[more]
  • help (1 replies):
    i suffer nerves and bad depression been on anti depressa...[more]
  • depressed (4 replies):
    Hi, im 14, 15 in a couple weeks, a freshman in highschoo...[more]
  • fear (3 replies):
    hello im 18 and 4 the last month i have een feloing very...[more]
  • Help please (5 replies):
    So I've been struggling with anxiety an I do hav high bl...[more]
I am increasingly impressed by the results (sometimes dramatic improvements in fears and anger that have been disabling) that I see from Prolonged Exposure Therapy (a form of psychotherapy for people with PTSD). Given all that you have going on you may need to begin with some work around better ways of coping with everyday stress (the Dialectical Behavior Therapy - DBT - tools can be a good place to start). So... that would be my answer to your question about the future... I really believe that you could achieve results worth striving for if you find a therapist who has skills in these two therapies.

And, as Jaquta said, meds may also help. Although I don't think they are going to be adequate by themselves.

Peter
Are you getting psychological support?  That could potentially be quite helpful.
The fear of death, etc seems to come up a lot in those who are depressed.

In therapy with a good therapist you could start to overcome some of these issues.  Meds may also be helpful.
yes i do hav a therapist but she is leavn the office, the only other therapist is a guy which im not happy about but i will giv it a try. im also on a med, chlortrophine 50mg, it does help with angry & helps me sleep at night. i do think i need 2 b on something else. thanks for commentn.
Not sure I recognize chlortrophine. Could you check the spelling? Thanks.
sorry about that i gav the wrong med  i take chlorpromaz 50mg at night
girl, it seems like the more I respond the closer I get to someone with my exact issues.
I am 27 and I have a 8 and 6 year old. I was a SAHM for the first 5 years of my oldest life. I had such low self esteem, and felt I needed contribute to the house hold and went back to school. For the last 5 years I went to school full time, or worked full time. I felt so good about myself!
4 years later, my youngest has suffered from low self esteem, no confidence, and no will to try. I have blamed my need to feel accepted, and accomplished at the cost of my son. I wonder if my disorder has wore off onto my son.
Like you, my husband is VERY supportive! He grew up in a 2 parent household, and has had relativity no issues.I wonder how in the hell he has ever put up with me for the last 10 years!
I have tried just about every med in the book! Recently I have tried to do everything au-natural! I started exercising, eating right, and taking vitamins.. it has helped a lot! I am one month into trying to make a difference for myself so I can help my family! And that been nice!