Mood Disorders Expert Forum
so unsure

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

so unsure

Male/18 years _ so I'm going to jump right into this... For the past couple of years I not been feeling truly happy.  I wake up each morning with the same dreaded thought that I have everyday. What am I going to do today? I try new things all the time but I never feel satisfied. I have problems with a lot of people I just dont let them know. Besides my one best friend I can't seem to relate to anyone else as well as I do with him. I also have trouble sleeping constantly tossing and turning in bed with racing thoughts. They always vary... When I think about something I can't stop thinking about it for a long tinge. I always feel stressed out and anxious about the smallest things. I don't like to talk about this with my parents because they won't understndhow I feel and might think that I'm just a teenager trying to score drugs. They think it's impossible for a teenage boy to feel unhappy. Thank you for reading my post please let me know what I can do or what my problem is
1 Comment
Of course it isn't possible to make a diagnosis by email. However what you describe sounds like depression. I am not as sure about the difficulty relating to folks, although that certainly can be a symptom of depression, but all the rest of the things you describe are compatible with depression and since you have been feeling that way for a couple of years, chronic depression.

I think that what you should do is see a psychiatrist or therapist. If you have a medical or pediatric doctor you could ask him or her for a referral.

You don't have to keep feeling this way. Getting help will make a big difference in your life.