Mood Disorders Expert Forum
unexpected changes in mood- HELP!!!!

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

unexpected changes in mood- HELP!!!!

m very concerned on my recent change in behaviour that has been seen by my best friend whos sister is bipolar. I personally dont understand why it feels so dark, low and depressed then im feeling high, elated and manic. Sonetimes i experience these at the same time. Im happy and sad at the same time. I feel agitation and irritation, frequent thoughts about death and how it may feel. Ive spent so much money, wear bright clothes, changed career that turned out for the worst, people dont understand me because i talk to fast and trail off topic. I get very anxious and dont feel tired and loss of apetite. Ive experienced these over the last couple of months but didnt take any notice of it.I wrote about how i feel everyday in the jounal entries in my profile for over 2 weeks to see whats happening but i dont seem to get the jist. Ive noticed that things like this have happened briefly months before i began tracking myself. Im a 17 year old female and im scared and worried that something could be wrong with me. Please help me out. If you want to read my diary entries i'd be more than happy to post them to you. Please help me to find out what may be wrong with me before it becomes the death of me.
My apologies on behalf of this website. Again. It appears that my post from a week ago did not make it onto the forum... and it also appears that the notices to me about messages may not be getting through. Again.

From what you describe it does sound as though you may have bipolar disorder. The good news is that there are many options to help you feel better and have a full and successful life.

You should go to your GP and get a referral to a psychiatrist (I am afraid I don't understand the UK health system so how exactly that works I don't know).

Let us know how things turn out.
hi

i went to go see a GP, and she has made a refferal to a psychiatrist who can make a clear diagnosis for my problem.

thankyou for your comment and help, i will post again and let you know how things have turned out.