Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
Experiencing Symptoms - MS?

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Experiencing Symptoms - MS?

I am experiencing flickers of light in my peripheral vision when I enter bright daylight. It happens when the light comes into my eye from the side (happens to both, not at the same time). Sometime the flickers seem more like heat waves or snow, too. I had a baby 10 months ago and this started about 3 months later. Just saw my eye doctor and had all the tests and things in my eye look good. I've looked up this symptom and it seems to pop up a lot in reference to MS. After I had my baby I noticed a spot on the side of my knee that feels like it is bit numb, not tingling or anything just feels dull compared to the other one. I have also had chronic muscular pain which is now feeling better, but not totally gone, after a diagnosis of Hypothyroid. Should I be seeing a neurologist now?
Thank you for your very clear example of the dangers of the internet.

I suggest you see a neuroophthalmologist -- that way you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Given your answer above, are you advising people not to use interrnet resources for their health concerns?

ess