Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
I have problems that don't ad up.

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

I have problems that don't ad up.

I have been to many neurologist specialists.  My general neurologist referred me to all of them.  The last one was an M.S. specialist (today).  She said a had a number of problems that don't add up to anything specific.  I have a balance problem, a memory problem, a slight vision problem, and hyperreflexia.  I have small white matter lesions in the periatrial and centrum semiovale of my brain. Are these common areas for M.S?  I had a negative lumbar puncture. One neuro said I have M.S. anothe isn't sure and the specialist doubts it.  I'm only worried about the vision and memory problems. She sent me to a neuro psychologist for the memory problem.  i just started with that.

terrics
I understand your fears and frustration. The MS specialist will work with you on what could be causing this.

I recommend:

1. Neuropsychologist
2. Neuro-ophthalmolgist
3. MRI cervical and thoracic spine with and without Gadolinium
4. Evoked Potentials -- Visual Evoked Potential (also call Visual Evoked Response), and possibly a brainstem auditory evoked potential and somatosensory evoked potential.

It may end up that they need to follow you and do MRIs every 6 to 12 months.
Thank you.

You have confirmed that both my neurologist and the MS specialist know what they're doing.  I didn't have the thoracic spine MRI until 1/20.

I don't feel well, but guess I have to keep going in circles for awhile.

terrics