Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
Is it MS??? Please help!!

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Is it MS??? Please help!!
In 1999 I lost vision in the lower half of only one of my eyes.  No doctor could seem to find the cause, and I was given some eye drops and sent home.  The vision came back about a week later.  Now, 10 years later, I have started to have "vibrating" and blurred vision so bad that my eyes hurt, and extreme pain in my legs when walking, and numbness when Im not walking.  I am so fatigued, and I do nothing all day. I have no energy, and I just physcially feel sick and constantly nauseated. I have had an ultrasound done on my legs and nerve tests, and they are all okay.  I got an MRI done about two weeks ago, and it showed no lesions, so they said I didnt have MS, even though the symptoms match.  I have had tests for Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, and many other tests, but I dont have any of these.  My doctor still seems to think that I have MS, but waiting to see what the Neurologist says when I see them next month.  I am so tired of feeling like this, and the whole vision thing is really killing me.  I have 20/20 vision, and the opthamologist did not see any signs of optic neuritis.  No one knows anything.  Can someone guide me in a good direction?
Oh, My--MS can be so crafty! It plays such games with us. I know because I have had it 36 years and I have seen much of what it is capable of--but by NO means have I seen it ALL EVEN HAVING DAILY SYMPTOMS FOR ALL 36 years, practically. Don't doubt what you experienc! No One else saw it like you did---no matter how weird. There's lots of nerves in our bodies, and I just always reasoned that MS could attck any particular one and do most anything. Stick to your guns and test test test until they come up with answers. Good luck--let me know if I can encourage you. Cheers, Jane in Indiana
A related discussion, what can this be other than ms was started.