Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
Is this MS?

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Is this MS?
So here are my symptoms: for the last 5 weeks
Muscle pain on arms, most frequent on legs, sometimes on heels
Rib cage pain
Shoulder, Neck pain
Visual:  Zig zag line with eye movement on both eyes for the past 2 weeks.
All pains can be burning.  I also get tingling, pins and needles and electric shocks.  EMG, EEG, bloodwork, eye exams all normal.  I feel a bit off balance.  When I walk, at times, I feel a heavy pressure on my head, neck and shoulders and my legs feel heavy and I get pins and needles.  Symptoms are worse when I'm tired or hungry.  I also get nerve tics.  Neuro #1 thinks I have migranes with no headaches.  Neuro #2 thinks we should wait a few more weeks and see what happens.  Neuro #3 wants me to get an MRI on the head and one on the neck, she's looking for tumors.  Neuro #4 thinks I I'm suffering from fibromyalgia.  Any thoughts?
I agree with the MRIs.

You have seen a lot of neurologists in only a few weeks. I would suggest seeing a doctor you trust and feel comfortable with and then work together on your diagnostic journey (as it often is).
Do you think it's MS?  What if the MRIs are normal?
I got the MRI results today.  The brain MRI is normal, no lesions, nothing abnormal.  The cervical spine one says the following:  the alignment of the vetebral bodies is normal, the vertebral bodies and posterior elements are intact.  No compression deformities are seen.  No abnormal signal is seen involving the bone marrow or cortex of the verterbrae.  There is no evidence of any spondylosis or osteophyte formation.  There is a slight reversal of the cervical lordosis and there is a mild torticollis convex to the right.  These findings could be related to positioning, but could also be due to muscle spasm.
Hi Liz,
If you still have more questions about MS and the diagnosis, I would like to invite you to visit our patient forum at
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Multiple-Sclerosis/show/41

There are always plenty of community members willing to help out with answering questions.

I hope we see you there if you feel the need for more aswers,
Lulu
A related discussion, Should I still be concerned that I have MS was started.
A related discussion, Is MS an appropriate consideration? was started.
A related discussion, Do I have MS, Fibromyalgia, or other condition? was started.
A related discussion, Unsure MS was started.