Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
MRI results- MS??

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

MRI results- MS??

Had an MRI (at my own request) for intermittent symptoms of tingling and pins and needles in my limbs and fatigue. This has happened on and off for about 8 years. I have health anxiety and convinced my symptoms are related to MS so the Doc gace up and sent me for an MRI to put my mind at ease. I know also that my symptoms definately are partially related to anxiety as they are worse when i am thinking about them.

The MRI came back saying mostly normal sounding stuff, other than:

" there are very small high T2 signal abnormalities adjacent to the posterior portions of the lateral ventricles. These lesions have an elongated appearance on the saggital flair. No lesion is seen in the corpus callosum or brain stem.
Non specific but suspicious of an inflammatory de-myelinating process"

I know that that means possible MS. Don't see the neuro for a few more weeks and my anxiety and curiosity has gotten the better of me now, That's why I'm here! My GP was unable to offer any explaination other than not to panic as these may be 'over-interpretations' on the radiologists part.

What do you think? Anything to be concerned about or incidental findings?

Thanks,
Please take a deep breat in "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" and a long exhale out "ssssssssssssssssssssssssss" and blow away your fears.

(This is a very useful breathing exercise for everyone -- picture the MS melting away).

I obviously cannot  interpret the MRI report, but there is no active lesions at least (if Gadolinium was administered) and it does sound mild even if it is MS (we do not know).

Please try some breathing exercises and wait for your neurologist.
1 Comment
A related discussion, MRI concerns was started.