Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
MS & MRI RESULTS
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MS & MRI RESULTS

Over the past few years my 30-year-old son has been told he may have MS by more than one neurologist. However, his last MRI of the brain results indicate no lesions but is positive for prominent perivascular spaces. I realize that perivascular spaces are considered a normal finding, but wonder if prominent perivascular spaces could be significant for MS or any other neurological problem. Luke's symptoms seem to point to MS but there has been no definitive diagnosis to date. Do you have any suggestions? It is extremely frustrating to simply not know anything definite. Luke is on Keppra for seizures, which occur only 2-3 times a year, but has never been placed on any MS medication.

I would appreciate any advice you may have to confirm or deny a diagnosis.