Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
Primary Lateral Sclerosis
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
378497_tn?1232147185
Primary Lateral Sclerosis
Hi, Dr. Kantor--

First, I'm amazed that I can get a question in. Weird.

Anyway...my neuro recently decided maybe PLS for me and is sending me to Methodist in Houston to their neuro folks there. My question is, I have Lhermitte's and some buzzing-zapping-type paresthesias. Wouldn't that kind of help rule out PLS? I can see why he thinks that--got a lot of UMN signs, but...what about those paresthesias, that Lhermittes? Oh...also have a waddling gait and normal EMG except for sharp waves in right limb and half-CMAPs on right. Am weak, however, on left arm and both legs. Hyperreflexia, Hoffmans, reflex spread, etc.

Thanks!
Biowaddles
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
669758_tn?1242334351
It sounds like your neurologist is thinking about potential diagnoses and trying to rule them out. Your neurologist sounds like a good doctor and we all hope that your symptoms will soon be explained.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
378497_tn?1232147185
That should be "sharp positive waves in right UPPER limb." Legs appear normal on EMG; hips a "little sharp" but still in normal range.

Bio
Discussion is closed
Cancel
378497_tn?1232147185
To be more direct: Do you see paresthesias with strictly UMN diseases?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
669758_tn?1242334351
There may be more than one thing going on such as degenerative disc disease.

Upper Motor Neuron symptoms should be motor symptoms.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now