Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
Random numb spots on my body

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Random numb spots on my body

I have always had burning numbness in my toes and a couple of numb spots on my legs . That I always attributed to an accident that happened when I was 12 . However Recently random numb spots slightly larger than a silver dollar have began to appear . I noticed the first one on the left side of my abdomen because it turned red when I took a shower one day .  Now I have one on my right shoulder and one under my right arm . The on my abdomen has soreness deep underneath it . In 2003 I started have seizures and the doctors thought I had M.S. after several test they determined that I either didn't have it or it was too early to tell . The seizures were treated with amitriptyline and subsided . Every once in a while I fill like one is going to happen but it usually doesn't come full force. Some times I feel suddenly dizzy and confused but it seems to pass and only happens on occasion , though it does seem to be happening more often recently . I am tired of going to doctors and getting passed off to other doctors and never getting any answers . They seem to be dismissing me . I need an opinion from a good doctor that might be helpful to give my doctor some direction. I know that I have some thing going on on the left side of my body regardless of what it is and no one cares to find out why . I have left renal damage  my left leg is a half an inch shorter than my right and visibly larger in girth . I just wonder why.
I agree that you need to see a sub-specialist and if you phrase it in theis way to your neurologist, she will be happy to arrange it.

It sounds like some of your symptoms on the left side are structural (kidney failur, shorter leg) and not neurologic and they should be investigated (separately).

Seizures are never treated with amitriptylline (in fact, it may increase the risk for seizures) and it sounds like the diagnosis of seizures was not well established.