Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
ms
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ms

Without going to the doctor how would i know if i have ms.
Related Discussions
669758_tn?1242334351
I agree with both comments.

MS can be very difficult to diagnose because there is no definitive test.
3 Comments
Blank
378497_tn?1232147185
Not the MD for this forum, obviously, but I can answer this.

Diagnosing MS usually requires a workup that includes exclusion of the many possible mimics and a suite of results on neurological exam possibly combined with MRI, VEP, SSEP, and/or lumbar puncture results. For some people, the outcomes of testing are so equivocal that it takes a pretty significant amount of time to achieve a diagnosis. Others have a more distinct clinical profile that becomes clearer with every test.

At any rate, this disorder is not something one can diagnose without professional medical consultation. If you're having symptoms that concern you, you should consult a medical professional.

Bio
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
Hi Dwanna,
may I ask why you think you have MS? Bio has given you a perfect answer - see your doctor please if you have symtoms (symptoms) of any sort that are bothering you.   be well, Lulu
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank