Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
pseudotumor cerebri-13 OCB

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

pseudotumor cerebri-13 OCB

I have a diagnosis of Pseudotumor Cerebri but CSF testing is abnormal.CSF test results are: elevated CSF IgG index(1.49)CSF IgG synthesis rate(39.8)total proteins (54) and 2 oligoclonal bands in the far gamma region,Albumin Index is normal and all other test are with in normal limits.I have had this for 7 years and I can't find a doctor to help me with my pain and treatment.They thought it was MS for a while but MRI's and EMG's always come back normal(except slight inferior ectopia of cerebellar tonsils of 4mm,and small increased signal in the right mastoid region). I suffer from daily headaches,buzzing feeling mostly in feet(worse when anxious and more noticable when at rest),little squiggly flashes of light on vision most noticable when I look at a light colored wall or the sky, constant neck pain, small amount of pain and aching in muscles and joints. I have been through about 10-12 specialists in 7 years and I still don't have any answers, the have tested me for several illnesses like:Lyme,MS,Neurosyphillis,several additional Lab tests, and all Labs seem to be normal except CSF.  
Well I recently went to the Mayo clinic and they tested the csf and now I have 13 O-bands and slightly elevated iGg index and protiens, they told me that I probably got viral encephalitis 7 years ago and I'm still suffering the effects of it today, I thought O-bands were suppossed to go away when the disease is gone. Is it possible to have MS with negative mri's for 9 years?Any opinions on this would be appreciated, thank you.
Pseudotumor Cerebri (elevated pressure in the spinal fluid) can cause abnormal CSF results as can a history of a brain infection or a history of a bleed into the brain.

I think you are referring to post viral demyelination, like post viral trnasverse myelitis, when the CSF returns back to normal.

It sounds like all your symptoms can be explained by pseudotumor cerebri.

A lipoma is a benign fat growth. The conus is the bottom of the spine. I doubt it is related, but of course I am not your doctor and have never met you.
also, what is a small conus lipoma? Is this something that needs to be watched, or could cause ICP and O-bands. It was noted on a mri of spine in 2000, should I get it checked again?