Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Expert Forum
undiagnosed
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) forum. Questions will be answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

undiagnosed

3 months ago started having headaches from the time i woke up , I used get headache every day around 1 pm.I hurt in all my joints feels like I am losing my muscle in leftside,left side of my face feels numb,extreme neck pain ,fluid retention, and ears are popping and sloshing.Saw brain and spine doc and did Mri and spinal tap.cerebral spinal fluid pressure was 23.5, Doc said if it was 24 diagnoses would be psudotumor,so he diagnosed migraines.Paced me on verapimil,and topamax, medicine doesnt help at all, still in extreme pain.If anyone can help me with suggestions or alternatives please help?
Related Discussions
669758_tn?1242334351
I agree you should be seeing a neurologist.

The opening pressure is alittle elevated and I recommend you see a neuroophthalmologist and have formal visual field testing.

While the headache of pseudotumor cerebri is horrible, the visual symptoms are potentially permanent.

You may want to consider Diamox (acetazolamide).
2 Comments
Blank
Thanks , I have an appointment with my eye doctor on the 29th my eyes have been filling with pressure and blurred vision, my question is can pseudotumor cerebri present with extreme neck pain and neck popping and sloshing?At times it feels as if I cant hold my head up.Is this due to the fluid build up?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank