Multiple Sclerosis Community
12 years no lessions can it be MS

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

12 years no lessions can it be MS

After 12 years of possible MS, and started meds for it, Im still at possibel MS
my symptoms are what my nuro says clinical  MS...
I have had 4 opinion from nuros and they all or saying looks like ms
I now have to afo my balance is poor, weekens in my lower legs more on my right, and now i have speak problem
Its like i cant get my words out and at times sounds like i   stutter...
just went for another MRI with contrast and no change and thank god no sign of a stroke....
I see my nuro again next week...My GP says I have to see him and go from there....
anyone experience any of this ?
Tags: ms, symptom
Are these new symptoms or old?  
Are these new symptoms or old?  
Hi avangela -

If there was no change in your MRI, what did the last ones show? Do you have any lesions?

MS is a clinical diagnosis. Blood tests, MRI, LP etc. are used to support the clinical findings? If all of these neuros say that based on clinical findings, it looks like MS, what is holding them back?

Kyle
No lesions...all test or negative..
I dont know ..I have been on copaxeon for the last 3 years
I have 1 good year where im holding my own ..if that makes any sense
i still have Constance balance problem and now my speech...
could this be something other then MS?
My life changed 12 years ago and I have not able to get back to they way I used to be...I have accepted that ...but know my speech too....
any input anyone?
old symptoms are my balance, problems, poor periphel vision in one eye...but the speech problem is resent..
I'm not sure If this is how I answer back to people that write in regards to my first post...so forgive me if im doing it wrong..
You answered back correctly :-)

Even without the lesions, and blood tests ruling out mimics, you have 4 neuros saying "clinical" MS. Which is good because as I mentioned, MS is a clinical diagnosis. All of these other things are used to support the clinical findings.

Because you don;t have any lesions the docs seem to be reluctant to remove the "possible" for your diagnosis. At least they are starting you on meds!

Hang in there :-)
Kyle

thank you Kyle
I just got back from my optomologiest says i have inflammation and suspects optic neuritis..but i told him how can it be if my MRI didnt show it...
he said I need to go to my nuro again...
Is it possible to have optic neuritis with MRI negative woulden it show on that?
nine years ago had the same pain and vision problem...How long does it take to show up if it is MS? ..
Im confused..distribens
I had confirmed optic neuritis and the MRI didn't show it.  I think it's common for ON not to show up on an MRI.
ok thank you..kyle I appreciate you responding to me...
Its just making me more nuts having symptoms and no having test not show for sure...
How long can it take to show if it is a definet MS?
I also did chemo for it  10 years ago nevandron
thank you Kyle
Im confused..distribens
I have MS "without visible lesions". My MS Specialist told me that 2% of people with MS, fall into that category.

If you have only had 1 good year on Copaxone, maybe it's time to change to another DMD.

Sheila
Thank you for your input....
How long have you had MS and what do you take for meds copaxen?
You're very welcome.....

I was finally diagnosed in November of 2011, but based on my symptoms, my MS Specialist believes I've had MS since 1998.

I started on Copaxone, but was extremely allergic to it.

I'm on Rebif now, but may have to quit, because I've lost weight again, and I don't have enough body fat in the areas we are allowed to inject.