Aa
A
A
Close
1831849 tn?1383231992
2 Positive News Items
First is some good news for Avonex and Rebif users. It looks like Biogen-Idec is going to be seeking marketing approval for monthly dosing later this year.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/MultipleSclerosis/36993?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mobile&utm_campaign=medpage%2Biphone%20app

Second is kind of a double edged sword. The FDA has approved over the counter sale of Oxytrol, a drug aimed at overactive bladder. They have approved it for sale to women bu not men. Men will still require a presciption. (I guess we're too stoopit.) While OTC access may make the drug easier to get, removing it from prescription benefit coverage may make it more expensive.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/OBGYN/UrinaryIncontinence/37004?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-news
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
751951 tn?1406636463
I'm wondering how they will enforce that restriction.  What if I claim I am buying it for my wife?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
645800 tn?1466864555
That was my first thought as well. :) Need to carry marriage license with you maybe?

Dennis
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1936411 tn?1333835449
Hey, be careful guys! We know you're smart. It might be because there's a higher risk factor of some sort for you if you take the drug. Maybe they've determined that you should be under a doctor's care while on it due to some sort of side effect, and that's why the FDA would require the script.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1936411 tn?1333835449
Oh, wait. I just read the article. I guess maybe science has finally proven that men can't take care of themselves :p
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
751951 tn?1406636463
Men can taje xare of themselves.  Tgey just don't see any point in doing so when their women do it so much better than they do themselves.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources