2 Positive News Items
First is some good news for Avonex and Rebif users. It looks like Biogen-Idec is going to be seeking marketing approval for monthly dosing later this year.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/MultipleSclerosis/36993?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mobile&utm_campaign=medpage%2Biphone%20app

Second is kind of a double edged sword. The FDA has approved over the counter sale of Oxytrol, a drug aimed at overactive bladder. They have approved it for sale to women bu not men. Men will still require a presciption. (I guess we're too stoopit.) While OTC access may make the drug easier to get, removing it from prescription benefit coverage may make it more expensive.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/OBGYN/UrinaryIncontinence/37004?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-news
I'm wondering how they will enforce that restriction.  What if I claim I am buying it for my wife?  
That was my first thought as well. :) Need to carry marriage license with you maybe?

Dennis
Hey, be careful guys! We know you're smart. It might be because there's a higher risk factor of some sort for you if you take the drug. Maybe they've determined that you should be under a doctor's care while on it due to some sort of side effect, and that's why the FDA would require the script.
Oh, wait. I just read the article. I guess maybe science has finally proven that men can't take care of themselves :p
Men can taje xare of themselves.  Tgey just don't see any point in doing so when their women do it so much better than they do themselves.