Multiple Sclerosis Community
27 wks preg, and flair up?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

27 wks preg, and flair up?

Hi all!  The pregnancy is progressing normally!  Thank the Lord.  The last couple of days, I have been getting the familiar MS exhaustion.  Trouble with my right arm began a couple of days ago in th shower.  I went to my Opthomologist this week for my regular exam.  She did not dilate my eyes because of the pregnancy, but said that my optic nerve looks good.  

Today, I make some baked goods for church tomorrow.  Muscles in my upper and lower right arm began to ache and getfatigued from just beating eggs!  Then it spread to my neck and jaw.  Last I noticed the right side of my face is starting its thing (drouping).  The face is not too noticable yet, but the arm and neck and jaw are in a constane state of dull ache.  T

The pregnancy has really had the MS on hold for a while, but something is definately up.  I guess that I should call my Nuro on Monday.  I just don't know why, because he can't do anything but steroids, and I have huge babies on my own! (8lbs., and 8lbs 11oz)

What to do?  I really cant rest my dominate arm.  My bra is exaserbating the ache in the sholder and jaw.  any suggestions on how one is to take it easy with 2.5 children?

Thanks,
Ann
I forgot to mention:  i have not been geting any sleep lately,  I know this can contribute to things.  Rich and the Boys are camping out in the back yard tonight.  I hope to get some sleep in the middle of the bed...  :-)
Hi Ann,  Taking it easy with two kids?  How can one do such a thing?  My answer is to deligate and let some responsibilities go that aren't super important until the new baby is born, but that is me.  I used to be somewhat compulsive about keeping the house tidy and having meals ready.  You should see me now!  You would have wondered if I was raised inside a barn of chickens.  Just kidding, but I have let some things go, and my husband helps with practically everything, and I'm not even preganant.  Additionally, my two "children" are adults now.  

Is it possible that your church can help you for a short time with some meals?  It's hard to be on the receiving end when you've been on the giving end, but look upon it as helping your family and new baby.  You want to be as healthy as possible for them.

Take care, Debbie
Hi, Opie, Debbie gave you some dynamite advice.  It is unfortunate that you are having an exacerbation during pregnancy.  It can happen, but it's unlucky when you were "guaranteed" a free ride.

Just a thought.  An MS mimic, Lyme Disease, and also many of the autoimmune diseases typically flareup during pregnancy.  Because of this, I think your neuro should know about it.

Hope all continues well with the baking process.  Take care of that little bun.

Auntie Quix
I'm not sure I can add any new great ideas besides what Deba nd Quix have already mentioned except that I think you have hit a point in the pregnancy where you have to start telling people "no".   Your helping ways cand cleaning habits can pick up again after your baby girl is born.  

As hard as it may be, only do the absolute minimum for now since stress/pressure to keep up with all this may bring back thos nasty symptoms.

Like Quix said, call your neuro and let him/her know.  Keep us updated as we care so much about you.  

Hugs and hopefully better days ahead.

Julie
I help with the youth group on Sunday evenings.  We had a sign up list for other to take care of the food today.  We had people sign up for the next 4 weeks.  That is a load off my mind!  I left the kitchen a mess last night after all the bakeing.  Rich said that he would clean it up for me while I was helping with the youth group today.  

Symptoms are better today than yesterday.  Hopefully this will be a short-lived phenominon.  

Thanks for listening!