Multiple Sclerosis Community
A SPECIAL MOMENT

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

A SPECIAL MOMENT

THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS,  WE HAVE A LOCAL BOY A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WITH A BRAIN DISORDER THAT EFFECTS HIS MOTOR SKILLS AND HE'S A LITTLE SLOWER LEARNING. A YEAR AGO HE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH MS.

THIS YOUNG MAN HAS WRESTLED SINCE 7TH GRADE AND HAD NEVER WON A MATCH. TODAY WE HAD OUR ANNUAL WRESTLING TOURNAMENT,THIS BOYS SCHOOL PARTICIPATED IN IT.

OUR COACH OF OUR SCHOOL IS FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY AND GOT THIS YOUTH INTERESTED IN WRESTLING YEARS AGO.TODAY WAS THIS YOUTHS LAST WRESTLING MATCH OF HIS HIGH SCHOOL YEARS.OUR COACH PULLED ASIDE OUR KID THAT WAS TO WRESTLE HIM AND TOLD THE KID TO LET THIS BOY WIN,NOT TO MAKE IT EASY,BUT LET HIM WIN ON POINTS.

THIS BOY WAS SO EXCITED THAT HE FINALLY GOT A WIN,THE JOY ON HIS MOTHERS FACE,LEFT YA SPEECHLESS,ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU SEEN THE TEARS OF JOY.THE TEARS ON HIS TEAMMATES FACES.THIS YOUNG MAN WAS BESIDE HIMSELF.

WHEN YA TURNED AND SEEN ALL THE COACHES FROM ALL 10 TEAMS WITH TEARS IN THEIR EYES,THE REFEREES THAT HAVE BEEN AQUAINTED WITH THIS BOY ALL THESE YEARS.

THE TRUE SPECIAL PERSON OF THIS STORY IS THE WRESTLER FROM OUR TEAM THAT AGREED TO DO THIS.ALL THE BOYS ON OUR TEAM NEW THAT THIS WAS GOING TO OCCUR.

THE COACH SAT THE KIDS DOWN THIS MORNING AND TOLD THE KIDS THAT IF IT CAME TO OUR TEAM OR THIS OTHER SCHOOL WINNING,AND IT CAME DOWN TO THIS MATCH , HE'D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TAKE SECOND PLACE,TO MAKE THE DREAMS OF THIS YOUNG MANS  COME TRUE.HE TOLD THE KIDS THAT THIS BOY IS A REAL WINNER,BECAUSE HE HAS HEART AND GIVES IT HIS ALL AND HE DESERVED ONE WIN IN HIS LIFE.

THE COACH TOLD HIS WRESTLERS HE HAD 3 MOTHERS OF CHILDREN ON HIS TEAM WITH MS AND THIS TODAY WOULD STICK WITH THEM THROUGH OUT THEIR LIFE THEN A FIRST PLACE TROPHY THAT STAYS AT THE SCHOOL.

I THINK THIS COACH TODAY SHOWED A GYM FULL OF YOUNG MEN A LIFE LONG LESSON,NO MATTER WHAT LIFE THROWS YOU,THAT YA NEVER GIVE UP,EVEN IF YA DON'T WIN YA GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

I HAD TO SHARE THIS,WE ALL HERE HAVE HAD ROUGH TIMES,WE MEET MANY IDIOTS OUT THERE THAT DISREGARD OUR DISABILITIES,BUT AFTER WHAT I SEEN TODAY ,FOR ALL THOSE IDIOTS WE MAY ENCOUNTER,THERE IS KIND HEARTED SOULS,WITH THE COMPASSION FOR THE ONES WITH DISABILITIES.

I HOPE ALL THAT SAT IN THE BLEACHERS LEARNED A LIFE LONG LESSON OF THIS EVENT.

T-LYNN

Thank you so much for sharing that. I have twin girls with autism. I am here to tell you that the things I thought they would never do, God has shown me otherwise! Each individual has so much potential! Bless that coach, he has a heart of gold. And congratulations to the young man, what a day! :D

Suzanne
WHAT A GREAT LESSON TO PASS ALONG GENERATIONS.

THE COURAGEOUS YOUNG KID WHO NEVER GAVE UP, THROUGH THIN AND HIIGH WATERS, THE YOUNG GUY WHO LET HIM WIN AND THE COACH WHO KNEW HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS FOR THE KID WHO HAD WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE IT TO THE FINALS, WITHOUT REALIZING THAT HE MAY NOT WIN.

THERE ARE STILL GOOD AND CONSIDERATE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.  KIDS THAT CARE ABOUT OTHERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BE TAUGHT VALUES AND BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT THAT BY LOOSING A BATTLE THEY WIN A WAR.

WHAT A GREAT STORY!!!!!  I HOPE THAT IT CAN BE TOLD PLENTY OF TIMES BECAUSE THERE ARE UNKNOWN HEROES THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN.

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR GIVING US SUCH A GREAT STORY.

GOODDAYS
THANKS FOR THE GREAT STORY T.  IT IS NICE TO KNOW THERE ARE STILL KIND PEOPLE LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY WHO CARE ABOUT PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.

ELAINE
MY SON JUST GOT HOME AND THIS WAS A TEAM DECISION A WEEK AGO AFTER HIS STORY CAME OUT THE PAPER.

AFTER THEY PLACED SECOND AT A TOURNAMENT LAST WEEK THE DISCUSSION ON THE HOUR AND HALF BUS RIDE HOME,THEY TALKED ABOUT THIS BOY AND ALL THE OBSTICLES IT TAKES FOR A HEALTHY KID TO DO JUST TO BE ABLE TO WRESTLE AND IT WAS A MAJORITY RULE THAT THIS BOY WIN THE HIS LAST MATCH OF HIS CAREER.

THESE BOYS KEPT IT QUIET ALL THIS TIME, MY SON SAYS IT WAS A VERY TOUCHING MOMENT IN HIS LIFE AND A LESSON HE WILL CARRY FOR LIFE AND HE HOPES THAT EVERYONE THERE WILL REMEMBER THE JOY THAT IT BROUGHT THIS YOUNG MAN AND THE TEARS OF JOY THAT HIS MOTHER SHED.

T
What a wonderful story. The boy who gave up winning, for a moment, will untimately win so much more in life.  Amazing how God blesses us...........Thanks for sharing.
This is amazing, and so special.  Seems it's gotten harder to explain things to children, because there aren't as many opportunities for them to "feel" what we are telling them.  Ways of the past are very far away for them, as this modern life flies, leaving them not much time to feel.

I'm so very glad that this moment in time occurred for these children and adults.
Wow, just so special.

Thanks for sharing T, I'll share it w/my family too. ..

be well,
SL
THANK YOU FOR THAT WONDERFUL STORY.  IT SHOWS THERE ARE STILL ADULTS AND CHILDREN OUT HERE WITH HEART.

I AM SURE THE KIDS WILL REMEMBER THIS DAY THE REST OF THEIR LIVES AND BE BETTER ADULTS FOR IT.

HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER, T.

DONI
T

I WORK WITH KIDS & ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS EVERY DAY, AND THAT STORY REALLY MADE ME CRY ANYWAY! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING IT. I DEAL SO MUCH WITH PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO ACCEPT SPECIAL KIDS, THAT WHEN I ENCOUNTER PEOPLE WITH OPEN HEARTS, IT TOUCHES ME SO DEEPLY.

PENN
Beautiful!  Thank you for sharing!  What a  blessing for ALL who were a part of it.

Barb
Hi T,

That is a wonderful story.  I pray that many people will read this.  How amazing for that young man to feel the joys of winning and also how wonderful for the young man who gave up a win.  I'm sure he will be doubly blessed by the Lord for his kindness.

I'll be praying,
Carol