AIDS/HIV and MS
I hope this is a silly question -- but is there any potential connection between MS and HIV/AIDS?

I had unprotected sex with a girl 3 weekends ago, and she said she may potentially have MS. Does this present any potential danger to me? Do initial indicators of MS sometimes end up actually being an STD/AIDS/HIV?

She had an STD test a couple weeks before we slept together, and hadn't slept with anyone since then, so I think I am ok, just making sure.

Thanks.

I think it would be wise to read about MS so that you dont put your foot in it with your new girl friend, numerous potential time bombs when you dont understand, try reading the health pages top right of your screen, yellow icon, it should help you be more informed.

Firstly: MS is not something you can catch or pass on to someone else, so are you in any danger, NO!

Secondly: MS has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with blood transferred or sexually transmitted diseases like std/aids/hiv, so initial indicators of MS won't thus turn into one.

Thirdly: there are numerous MS mimics and it may not be MS but putting MS on the sideline for a moment, you should never have unprotected sex for all the reasons that you are now worried about and to add to it there is always the issue of unplanned pregnancy.

Dont put your self or your partner in such an unnecessary position again, it is so not worth those few minutes of fun, think with your brain and no other piece of anatomy. Please dont take offence, just be real and responsible.

Cheers...........JJ

ps have you been tested for sexually transmitted diseases?

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate the advice -- we are both STD tested, and she is on the pill. So we're ok on that front, just making sure if it is MS or another mimic that it wouldnt potentially put me in any sort of danger with STDs or anything else.

Again thanks for the reply.
Actually, HIV and Syphilis needs to be ruled out when diagnosing MS.  There are some brain infections that can happen with HIV (the one I'm thinking of is CMV) that could really confuse a diagnosis.  

Bob