Multiple Sclerosis Community
ARE SUPPLIMENTS HELPING ANYONE AND IF SO...WHAT KIND?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I'm sure this has probably been discussed on the forums before but I wanted to get answers for myself? My question is "What types of different vitamins and suppliments, or foods are helping to relieve some of your symptoms?
     The only vitamin I am currently taking is a womens one a day with extra calcium, Iron and Zinc.
Iv read from your other postings you have been having a rough ride iv posted on there a few times as my sx are very simular to mine, iv had a long wait and still waiting to find out what is wrong i cant afford private care and im in the UK so i relie on the NHS.

I take magnesium tablets and quinine tablets for the cramps and vit c and b12 vit.

alond side all the other drugs i really cant tell what works and what doesnt anymore.

Im praying for you take care.

Samantha

I take Vit B1, B6, B12 supplement. 3x a day as prescribed by the neuro I saw who couldn't offer anything else (although I was offered antidepressants).  

My allergy dr. has also asked me to take probiotics (although she thought that might help the other allergy stuff I have going on).  

I also take a multivitamin, Vit C, Vit E, Fishoil, and Calcium from time to time, when I remember...

Can't tell if anything is helping or not....

Sally
     Thank you both for your post. Had read on here that someone was taking magnesium and wasnt sure what they were taking it for, now I know for leg cramps. I have always heard that a banana a day would help with that also, for the pottasium. I am definantly going to be shopping for the B-vitamins today, a multi B complex or something, I am finding out they are good for alot including stress and energy.
     Stay Well and Good Luck to you both!!!!
                         Lisa
up
Rhodiola is good for stress and to give you energy.  Look for it in health food stores.
Craig
I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil for years and swear by it, not only for the MS but also for the PMS.  I apparently helps with all things hormonal.  I also take Lecithin which is an emulsifier, breaks down fats in the blood.  That one was recommended to me for MS by a natual health practitioner.
My supplement regimen includes Vit B complex & Vit D as well.

I take Levocarb for the legs cramps (RLS) and that works well for me.  
We all have to find what works for us individually.  Everyone is different.  For me, I won't give up chirorpactic for love nor money.

Till next time, take self-care seriously & God bless.

~ Trish :-)
http://www.ChangingPaces.com