Multiple Sclerosis Community
Abdominal vibrations

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Abdominal vibrations

I am not diagnosed.  I have brain lesions but had a normal LP.  I have been experiencing these strange abdominal vibrations for a few months now almost non-stop.  It feels like a cat is purring on the lower left quadrant of my abdomen!  Is this an MS symptom or symptom of anything anyone has heard of?

Thanks!

Allison
It sounds like a paresthesia, which is common in MS.  Usually with symptoms like that around the torso, there's a spinal lesion.  So I would mention it to your neurologist, and see if you can get an MRI of the spine.  (Make sure it's 3T!)
I have this, too. Mine's actually near my pelvis area. (I've been too embarassed to mention it to the doc.) It feels like a cellphone vibrating in my lap.
I have this also mine is in the abdomen area also.  It is not cont. but comes and goes.  I also have had it in the past in my thighs.

lala
LL
I have 3 c spine lesions and I often just have to laugh at myself because I have "Cell phone spots" frequently in lots of places.  I have permanent parasthesia in my right hand and I always think my cell phone is vibrating when I pick up my purse or touch my pocket.  (I cant feel it when it really vibrates in my pocket so that is a tricky one)
I get random spots near my spine and in my hip area too.

I would definately mention this to your dr.  Have you ever had a spinal MRI? I know sometimes they wait for symptoms like this before doing one.  I had my spinal first which led to the brain MRI and and immediate dx even without an LP.  

and Barbara...... Please mention this to your DR.  If it is too embarrasing to bring up, maybe you need a Dr you are more comfortable with, but it should be mentioned.

D
I am undiagnosed as well.  I have experienced the buzzing that you refer to - in my pelvic region.

Zacksmomi's comment about "cell phone spots" reminds me of a number of threads on the forum about people thinking that their cell phone is buzzing in their pocket.  If you search the threads in this community - you will find a lot of funny descriptions about this parasthesia...

Definitely mention it to your doctor.

Take care,
Chrisy
I have had cervical and thoracic spine MRI's that showed no lesions.  I saw my neurologist yesterday and she looked at me like I had 3 heads when I mentioned it!  Mine sometimes extends into my pelvis but it lasts much longer than a few seconds!