Ache and Stiffness after squeeze?
I experiences a tightening, squeeze feeling in my mid chest and back last night, for about two hours off and on... Uncomfortable but not painful...  I have a vague ache in my lower rib cage again front and back this morning.  I'm not sure how to differentiate between a 'hug' and other chest pain e.g. angina?  and is the soreness in the rib cage this morning an after effect of last nights event or more likely just something unrelated?  Feels vaguely bruise-like, but all around the rib cage.

With re: the pages, I'd love it if someone who knows the ropes could put up something which helps differentiate these sorts of things one from another...        I looked there first for an answer but still wasn't sure if what I'd felt was consistent with a 'hug'.  Maybe that's impossible.  I know the health pages are all volunteer work and I appreciate what's there very much - just a little wish list item.  :)

Hi Sloopie,

It's impossible to say if it's MS Hug.  It may well be, but since it also sounds like heart symptoms or even indigestion, you should have your symptoms evaluated.

I had chest pain radiating to my back, up into my neck, and down my left arm.  DH thought it was a heart attack so off to the ER we went.  Long story short, my heart appears to be healthy and the ER Doc agreed with my proposal of MS Hug.  However, he also stressed that until doing an ECG, chest X-ray, and cardiac panel, he would have bet on a heart attack as my symptoms were classic.