Multiple Sclerosis Community
Alcohol effect on MS?
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Alcohol effect on MS?

Hey guys.  Wondering what effects alcohol has on MS.  For those that don't know me, I am still "possible MS" ...

Some friends came in from out of town the other night, and we got pretty hammered.  I had a $90 tab (including food) just to myself.  We used a DD of course.  Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY drunk ...

All the typical symptoms I have (tingling in hands and feet, weakness - sometimes one sided, sometimes both, muscle tremors) all dissapeared ...

No hangover the next morning, and no effect on symptoms.  My typical symptoms were back the next day, but nothing more.  

I've read that alcohol can have terrible effects on MS symptoms.  Just wondering about other's experieneces or knowledge on the subject ...
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
429700_tn?1308011423
I have trouble with alcohol because it usually will set off a migraine.  However, as far as the MS symptoms go, it makes my already poor balance problems ten times worse.  

That being said, I still will enjoy a glass of wine or an alcoholic drink from time to time, when I don't care about the balance issues and take my chances with getting a migraine (sometimes after a long time of not getting migraines, a drink won't set it off).

With the balance issues, even one drink will make me look like I’m totally looped.  :) Deb

Blank
lyme disease causes worsening of symptoms also.
Blank
not sure if i have m.s. but its possible... ive been getting tingling in my hand and now my feet...one side more than the other...but ive found that after a hard night of partying...well basically any night even if i have an easy drinking night...i wake up feeling horrible. i get a hangover every time!...i used to be a alcoholic and would rarely get any kind of hangover whatsoever...but now i find the day afters nothing but a nightmare...the back of my ears start to feel pressure..i feel like i cant breathe...i can barely walk...my face starts to go numb and im shaking uncontrollably...im not an alcoholic anymore i finally broke free of that demon and went sober for a very long time...now  i might have a  drink every 2 weeks at the most...does anybody else feel like this from drinking that has ms....i just turned 20...and already i feel like my future is over...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...