Amantadine / Symmetrel for MS Fatigue
Is anyone currently taking or has taken Amantadine for MS fatigue? I was wondering how long does it take before it starts working? I took my first dose yesterday, but I still feel so exhausted. Thanks, Kelly
Hi, Kelly. I tried it several years ago and it did nothing for me. It does help some people, and it's cheap, so no reason not to at least start there.

Don't want to discourage you, but nothing has worked for me thus far. Let's both keep trying.

ess
It's very odd. After I took it yesterday, I was even more tired than I typically am during the day. It's supposed to do the opposite. I'm hoping that maybe it just takes a while to build-up before it starts working.
hi!!   it did not help me  -any-  none.   nuvigil helped  but very expensive
Thanks for your input Tick.
Adderall is available as a generic and cheap ($2.50 for 90 days.)  I take it for ADD, but it has the added benefit of keeping me active and alert for about 8 hours for a 15 mg dose.  I get it through my psychophamacologist.

Bob
Hi Bob, Adderall is an amphetamine, right? Do you have any weird side effects from it? And do you think you can become addicted to it?  Our nurse coordinator and my neuro set me up with the one I'm on now, first, because they said all of the other ones are amphetamines.

I haven't heard of this one before, so I'll have to look it up. That's really inexpensive compared to some of the prices I've seen out there for Provigil.
Amphetamine make me a little afraid....

Thanks,
Kelly

I also take aderall and it made a huge difference. Also helped with the depression. Psch dr said it used to be used as an anti depressant at one time.
Thanks for your input. We'll see after my 7-10 days if they'll let me try another one, if this one still isn't working by then.
-Kelly
i tried it, didn't help at all with my ms fatigue. so far nothing has really helped with it over the years. my VA neuro doesn't want Rx anything stronger -- so catch22 -- again

whatcha gonna do?
That seems to be the big question right now - "whatcha gonna do?"
I wish I knew....