Multiple Sclerosis Community
An episode for the second time

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

An episode for the second time

I have a question for anyone to answer.
I had an "episode" happen for the second time (Sept. 3rd and now Nov. 4th)
During this episode, it begins with tremors (especially when trying to write), then the tremors become quite severe and I begin to hyperventilate.  I begin to calm down, then it starts again.  The first time this happened, I took an ambulance ride to the ER.  The ER doctor attempted to get an Neurologist/Neurosurgeon to come and check me out, but could not get anyone, so he reluctantly sent me home with an Rx of diazepam (in case it happened again).  Well, it did happen a few nights ago, and my wife gave me the Rx, it took a few hours but I finally calmed down enough to go to sleep.
These are severe, violent, uncontrollable tremors, in both arms (also jaw tremors), then hyperventilation, this time included a strong cough.  It was not a seizure, but I'm not sure what it was, but I didn't enjoy it at all.  The episodes happened almost exactly 9 weeks apart, so I'm not looking forward to the next one.

Has this type of episode ever happened to any of you?
It is definitely worth seeing your doctor to address. I dont have seizures, but I have lots of jerky muscle twitches and jerky movements and my legs and arms are weak and uncoordinated.Not to mention my brain went on vacay during finals week!! sigh.... we just have to keep truckin

M