And, a Gilenya question, too.
I know there aren't a lot of Gilenya people on this board but for anyone who is or knows anything about it....

Does Gilenya cause memory or cognitive issues?

I don't want to jump the gun but...
I'm losing stuff.
How to SPELL for example.
How/why should I be losing language?
This is more than the "tip of the tongue" phenomenon (which I deal with on a regular basis).

I literally have to completely stop.

This might sound silly but for the sake of explaining what's going on...
I usual "see" words in my head and that's how I know them but
I'm not "seeing" them anymore and if/when I do...they're not right. Not familiar.  I don't recognize them.

That's the biggest thing I notice.

I can spell a word and look at it and know it's wrong but I'm not sure...why it doesn't look right.
Silly, I know but

I've noticed it mostly since being on Gilenya.
Yes, I could be having a flare but this "feels" different.

Any thoughts?

I don't take Gilenya but am bumping this up hoping a Gilenya member views this post.
I haven't noticed any cognitive issues since starting on Gilenya in July with spelling or word recognition.  I teach Spanish and haven't had problems with using either English or Spanish.  Check on the Gilenya Facebook page as I haven't  seen it there.  I have noticed hair loss, and an increase in acne around month 3.  Others have stated that those side effect lesson or go away after the 5th month.

Good luck.  Hope everything gets better.

Sincerely,
wildcat2x
I was just wondering what Gilenya is.  I am still researching treatments.  I have the same problem you describe, but I not taking this drug.  Currently, I am not taking anything- because am apparently allergic to interferon (working on insurance approval for copaxone now).  

I hope you get some answers.  Good luck.
Tammy
Hi.  Gilenya is one of the newest Medications to treat RRMS.  It's an oral medication.  It hasn't been available to the general population for long.  I think most insurance companies want patients to try all of the traditional drug modifying diseases first.  I hope they approve you for Copaxone.  It was one of the easier drugs for me to do.  Goodluck.