Multiple Sclerosis Community
Antibiotic therapy and MS
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Antibiotic therapy and MS

Hi all,  

Some of you may remember me; I have a dx of MS, but also Lyme disease.  I believe Lyme disease was the trigger for MS in me.  I am currently treating the underlying Lyme disease (and coinfections) with antibiotic therapy and am (at least for the time being) off Copaxone.

I just thought I'd share that I have had two spinal lesions that appear to have healed over the last year.  There is some information and/or evidence for antibiotic therapy being beneficial to people with autoimmune diseases like MS, Lupus, Scleraderma, etc.  (Not saying they all have underlying Lyme infections, just that antibiotic therapy has proven useful to some.)

There is a website called the road back foundation, which talks alot about antibiotic therapy.  Don't know if this will benefit anyone, just thought I'd share the info.

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
279234_tn?1363108849
Thanks for the info. I'm so glad your getting the treatment. I hope your doing good!

Take Care
Blank
198419_tn?1360245956
Wow, they are they gone Amy? Same facility, same MRI machine?  

This is good news..  How have you been feeling?

-shell

Blank
Same machine and facility.  What I do not know is whether it was the same radiologist looking at the results, so that is why I say "they appear" to be gone.  Quite frankly I do not feel good at all; I am really, really sick.  

It is very difficult straddling the Lyme/MS boarder fence.  I have spent a year treating Lyme and coinfections (I trust the labs and have no doubt about the results) but have made a little progress and then fallen back to where I started.  I hear this is can be typical, who knows.

I am calling Shared Solutions tomorrow to restart Copaxone.  My muscle weakness, etc. has really been challanging lately.  My dr said I can treat both Lyme and MS, so why not.  Thanks for asking.  Hope you are well.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...