Multiple Sclerosis Community
Anxiety, Severe Panic Attacks, Depression & Paranoia To Boot

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

My panic attacks normally start with breathing and move to sweats / prickly skin. Then I get paranoid about my profuse sweatign which amplifies it, my heart races and I go into a cold dark place almost out of body experience. This can be particulary bad as I get rooted to the spot (it feels like some force is stopping me from running away or screaming out).

I've actually been desperate to goto the toilet for some 4 hours before but been petrified to move and not gone.

I've been on various anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication before and some work a little (Citalopram) and some just made me want to kill myself (seroxat). I've also been to doctors, specialists, psycologists & psychiatrists too.

Has anyone else had such severity? I'm at my wits end and suffering in silence now! I regularly think about suicide and day dream about death in my family and dying. I know I'm not normal but feel I cannot talk to anyone apart from Doctors and they just see me as a guinnie pig.
You may want to take a visit to the 'Anxiety Forum,' where they have people there that have been through the same thing.  The person I would look up over there is greenlydia.  She is a Community Leader and is also a nurse.

It is a good group over there and a great support for "attacks" like you have been having.  It helps to talk to others' that are experiencing the same thing.

I hope that you find some information that you can truly use.  You are not alone.

All good wishes to you,
Heather
Apologies, didn't realise I was on the wrong forum. Have copy/pasted the question in the relevant area.

Thank you :¬)
Please don't think that I am sending you away, by sending you to a different Forum.  In this situation that you are having, these people are probably much better than most of us about the anxiety attacks and so forth.  I really feel that you can get better answers over there.

Don't stay away from this Forum.  I didn't want to sound like I was pushing you away...all I wanted is for you to be able to get help quickly, but someone that knows more about that.  I bounce through alot of Forums myself, but the MS Forum is my "home."  So you are welcome here.

Hope there wasn't any misunderstanding, dearheart.

Heather