Multiple Sclerosis Community
Any Suggestions for Helping Friend w/MS?
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Any Suggestions for Helping Friend w/MS?

Hi everyone,

A dear friend of mine suffers from MS.  Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might help her?  Is there anything that an MS sufferer might love to have someone do, but would never ask?  She is such a wonderful person and I really want to do more than just check in with her a few times a week.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

Sandy M
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi Sandy. I am surprised noone has responded! (I am brand new to the site)
I have a gazillion things you could do! lol. It's really nice of you to ask a question like this. Sounds like she is a lucky person to have support like yours :)

I don't know is she has any "major" disability right now, but even if she does not:

For one, you could ask her if there are any errands you could run for her! She may be very heat-intolerant, and driving around, even with the air on, can be brutal for some!

Is she suffering from moderate to severe fatigue? If so, she may need help with the kids at times (if has any). Now that she may now want to ask help with :(

Maybe offer to take her to her Neurology appointments, if she has a Neuro (I hope she does!). It is always good to have a close friend there to understand things that she may not, or even just to hold her hand :)

I could go on, I just let me know you are still around!

Blank
I'm sorry about your friend.  My mother-in-law suffered with MS for 15 years.  She liked to get out of the house, but it had to be a cool place (we live in Texas).  Maybe taking her out to some form of entertainment would be great.  I wish your friend well.  

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...