Multiple Sclerosis Community
Anyone here with Sjogrens along with MS?
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anyone here with Sjogrens along with MS?

hi all...

Just got a call from my neuro, my bloodwork is in and appears I have one positive antibody for Sjogrens.   Ironically when I worked at Hopkins, the primary study was Sjogrens and SS/Lupus overlap diseases.  

Anyway...  anybody here have positive antibodies for Sjogrens in addition to the MS?  

I have decided to talk to my neuro about adding LDN to the copaxone for the MS.   And just read that it has also shown effective for Sjogrens.   Anyone here happen to have taken a slightly off label treatment option and added LDN to their MS regimen?

Thanks for reading and hope everyone is doing well as we start a new week!

Jen
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
As far as I know I am the only one here with both Sjogren's and MS. But I do think there are some here with other dual DX.

My DX is SPMS or PPMS depending on which neuro you talk to and I am being treated with 2000mg of CellCept daily.

I have never heard of LDN before but from what I just looked up about it I think I will ask my Neuros about it at my next appointment.

Dennis
Blank
338416_tn?1260996698
I have Reynaud's and vitiligo, but no Sjogren's!  
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
My neuro says he has no problem with his patients adding LDN to their regimen - but defintely not as a substitute for the other DMDs.   Its not that unusual to have more than one autoimmune system.  
Blank
1781490_tn?1318655065
I have both a rare form of sjogrens and ms
On rebif
Blank
I also have Sjogrens and MS!! My Dr just prescribed Celcept which I will start tomorrow! I am praying for relief from the pain and having some quality of life back!!! I have been on IV infusions of sol u medrol in the past months to try to get my MS in some sort of remission. Do you have chronic pain also? He put me on medication for fatigue also. I feel like i take 100 pills a day! I'm interested in what your age is and what your symptoms are!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...