Anyone take Zanaflex?
I am supposed to pick up my prescription for Zanaflex tonight and start tapering down my Baclofen and up my Zanaflex over 2 weeks.  I am sort of afraid of it.  My Dr says I can't drive while taking it but yet I have to go to work so I haven't figured that out.  
I do ok with Baclofen, Lyrica, and an occasional Xanax do you think I will have a problem with the switch?

D

i have zanaflex but stopped taking it due to it just knocked me out. what i'm trying to say is i think it helped with sleep but it was the [trampled underfoot drugged] feeling when trying to wakeup and get going that didn't agree with me.

i take baclofen, gabapentin and an occasional xanax for sleep. the baclofen i can take during the day. it is subtle and helps me. i realize how well it works when i don't take it.  

i wouldn't mind trying lyrica but haven't asked the doctor about it yet. i have to write things down in order to remember to ask him items of concern, and that wasn't on my recent list.

zanaflex must be beneficial to some so give it try. hope it helps you.

my .01

I took zanaflex for a couple years, and it helped with muscles spasms at night, but I only took it at bedtime.  I adjusted to it and it didn't make me drowsy in the morning.

I did eventually develop an adverse reaction to it, so my PCP switched me to valium at bedtime, but I don't feel like it helps as much, and it looks bad on my medication list; vicodin, Lyrica, ambien, valium; I feel it raises the eyebrows of some new doctors.

I'm going to see about switching to Baclofen instead of valium, since it seems to help so many here on the forum, and I'm having more spasms during the day.

My wonderful pain doctor that has since retired is the one that prescribed Zanaflex for me, and it was a great help.  I hope you can adjust to it quickly, and that it helps a lot.  Most medications of that sort come with the warning that you shouldn't drive until you know how you react to the medication.

Hopefully this holiday weekend will give you a chance to see how you do with it.  If you work this weekend, do you have someone that can drive you for a few days, if you feel like your driving might be impaired?

Take care,

Kathy
Hello, I've just started on zanaflex myself. I'm supposed to take it 3 x daily but it made the fatigue worse & I felt a little loopy so my Dr. said to only take it a bedtime. Right now its working great on my muscle spasms & I feel rested but not groggy in the morning. I guess everyones different but it doesn't really keep me asleep so they upped my mirapex & that has helped. The loopy feeling wears off on me after about an hour or so but it has definately helped. I hope this helps you ! God bless you!!